Event Time and Date
62 Days until this Event
Empower is a half-day leadership development conference created for all registered student organizations affiliates, but any UNCP student may register to attend. Many of the lessons learned throughout the day are transferable skills students can integrate
into their daily routines.
Registration: https://uncp.collegiatelink.net/form/start/129791 (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)
Date: Saturday, August 26, 2017
Time: 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
* Check-in and Lunch will be served starting at noon. The conference will begin promptly at 1 p.m.
Location: David Weinstein Health Sciences Building
- Develop individual leadership abilities of student organization members and assist them in advancing their skill sets and critical thinking
- Provide student organization leaders with the skills, strategies, and best practices to create successful and flourishing organizations
- Connect student organizations together to network and explore opportunities for collaboration
- Understand how outstanding leaders harness diversity and inclusion to create energized work teams
- Provide resources to support student organizations with organizational development and transitions
- There will NOT be makeup sessions for this leadership conference. We have a ton of guest speakers coming in and it will not be possible to facilitate make-up sessions.
- Dress is casual - we want to make sure you are comfortable and can take as much away as possible.
- Every organization should have AT LEAST ONE representative present. There is a lot of valuable sessions and workshops available to you on this day. We highly recommend general members of organizations to attend.
- You do not have to be a member of an organization to attend. There are a lot of workshops and sessions that can be beneficial to any emerging leader.
- Lunch is provided during registration - yes it is free.
If you have additional questions or need assistance with the submission process, please contact OSIL at 910-521-6482.
If you need an accommodation to access the program and/or program materials, please contact The Office of Student Involvement and Leadership at 910-521-6482 no later than five business days prior to the program. However, a good faith effort will be made for any request made less than five days in advance.